As we dive into the Winter months, it can be a time to seek out a mid year break to reconnect with ourselves, to explore a new health & wellbeing lifestyle or just a chance to getaway from the routine of work and life.
Our Lifestyle team have researched our top picks of Wellness Retreats to add to your Winter Calendar this year.
Barre Body Bali Luxe Wellness Retreat
Barre Body and it’s founder, Emma Seibold will host a luxurious retreat at the COMO Shambhala Estate in Bali. During this wellness escape you will be immersed in a holistic wellness experience, with luxury at every moment.
Relax by your private pool, indulge in twice-daily yoga and barre overlooking the Ubud jungle, dive into the divine mineral spring pools and enjoy the unforgettable cuisine at this tranquil, once-in-a-lifetime retreat.
Included in retreat package:
- Twice daily yoga and barre classe
Optional daily meditation
- All meals (incredibly healthy and by the world-renowned glow Restaurant)
- Aqua therapy session
- Daily fruit basket
- Friday 12 to Tuesday 16 August (5 days, 4 nights)
- Single – $4200
- Twin Share – $3000
Gaia Retreat Renew and Rejuvenate
Surrender to the beauty and healing cultures of the internationally recognised multi award winning Gaia Retreat & Spa, nestled on 25 acres in the breathtaking Bundjalung Country hinterland of Byron Bay, the region known as the healing heartland of Australia.
Majestically poised on the highest point in the Byron Shire, Gaia meaning…spirit of Mother Earth, will seduce you to drift into infinity with its endless spectacular vistas and the unsurpassed, natural sustainable design of Gaia.
- 3 Nights Accommodation
- All Gourmet Meals and Snacks
- 1½hr Complimentary Massage valued at $195 per person
- ½hr Wellness Consultation per person
- Spa Gift Pack on arrival
- Daily 90min Morning Yoga
- Daily Retreat Activities
- Single from $1,995
- Twin / Couple from $3,200
Halcyon House will be holding its first ever yoga retreat with Kate Kendall of Flow Athletic. The perfect mix of yoga, relaxation and sophisticated yet healthy food, our yoga retreat is the perfect mid-year escape. Join Kate for a well deserved break, reconnect and refocus at Halcyon House.
Halcyon House consists of 19 rooms and 2 luxury suites individually designed by Anna Spiro, a beachfront pool and terrace area, day spa and Paper Daisy, a destination restaurant headed by one of Australia’s most promising chefs, Ben Devlin.
Halcyon House is located at Cabarita Beach, on the stunning coastline of Northern NSW. Only an hours drive from Brisbane, 15 minutes south of Gold Coast Airport with Qantas, Virgin Australia and Jetstar flying daily, and just 30 minutes north from Byron Bay.
- Wednesday June 29 – Friday July 1, 2016
- 2 night stay at Halcyon House
- Daily a la carte breakfast at Paper Daisy including espresso coffees and cold pressed juices to start your day
- 2 Paper Daisy dinners
- Picnic lunch
- 4 yoga sessions
- Stand-up paddle board or surf lesson add on available – please enquire when booking.
- From $1,640 per room
The Seventh Seal Luxury Retreat – Fitness Kitstart
Boost your fitness and wellbeing to a new level of vitality. On this energising retreat, you will participate in daily fitness sessions designed to help you lose fat, gain strength and tone, and bring your body alive with movement.
You will be fuelled with delicious organic food and inspired by nutrition workshops. Enjoy the stillness of morning yoga and meditation and then heighten your sense of adventure cycling in Ubud and climbing a volcano at sunrise!
Most importantly, the insightful workshops will coach you in creating and maintaining a new mindset to support the healthy new you for life. Surrounded by nature amongst the rice paddies in Seminyak, The Seventh Seal Luxury Retreat is a boutique wellness retreat with just seven suites and a maximum of 14 guests at any time.
Luxuriously appointed suites, a 25-metre pool, yoga sala, gym, peaceful living areas, hammocks and meditation pods offer you the perfect blend of 5-star facilities and Asian healing culture.
Fitness Kickstart program highlights
- 26 June – 1 July 2016
- Daily fitness sessions in a friendly environment catering to all fitness levels with specialist trainer and coach Amanda Jane
- Yoga and meditation sessions throughout the retreat
- Nutrition workshops — learn about the power of food, how it can change your life and what to eat each day
- Hands-on smoothie and juicing workshop
- Interactive cooking class where you will learn a number of quick, easy and healthy recipes
- Mindset workshop to guide you through the process of building a holistic and healthy mindset to support the new, healthy you and eliminate any self-sabotaging behaviours and beliefs
- Choice of delicious organic meals and snacks OR a body-cleansing juice program
- Cycling amongst rice fields in Ubud to explore the natural beauty of Bali
- Sunrise volcano climb will challenge your fitness & enliven your sense of adventure
- Sunset mocktails on your final night followed by a spectacular teppanyaki seafood dinner
- 60-minute massage in your villa on day of arrival
- Lots of support, guidance and encouragement from your trainer and coach, Amanda Jane, who has 14+ years of experience in helping people transform their lives through holistic fitness and nutrition practices
- Single from $1,344 (normally $2,240)
- Shared from $1,104 (normally $1,804)
Aro Ha – Wellness Adventure
Located on the South Island of New Zealand, Aro Hā is just 40 minutes drive from Queenstown, the adventure capital of NZ. Accommodation at Aro Hā has been designed to celebrate the fundamental acts of sleeping and bathing in Zen inspired luxury. There are 8 accommodation units each with a unique aspect.
Rooms are well appointed and have a sustainable, ecologically friendly story. Furnished in a refined, uncluttered manner. Recycled timbers, woven natural dyed blankets, organic cotton linen, New Zealand wool floor rugs and natural latex mattresses. The desks are for journaling and spaces for reading and the rooms are well lit and all have magnificent views.
This is one of their signature programs designed to jumpstart your health. All fitness levels are welcome, and all will be supported while challenged.
The Wellness Adventure is a refined retreat experience where all aspects of natural health are addressed. Expect your body to become lean, strong, and flexible, as your mind becomes calm, clear, and present. You are simply required to show up, be present, and allow the experience to unveil your inherent potential.
The Aro Hā Difference
- Hike in New Zealand’s World Heritage parks
- Stretch with Aro Hā Yoga
- Strengthen using functional movement classes
- Cleanse through Aro Hā’s vegetarian cuisine
- Focus with Mindfulness and meditation
- Rejuvenate with daily signature massage
- Change by learning why and how
- Trust the wisdom of the Aro Hā wellness team
- Luxuriate in the Obsidian therapeutic Spa
- Rest in Zen inspired eco-accommodation
- Travel Light with daily laundry service
- Enjoy small groups of less than 15 people
- 6 Days, 5 nights – 6th – 11th July
- Single from $5,575
- Shared King room fro $5,200
Pretty Beach House – Luxury Retreat
If complete relaxation and luxury is high on your “to do list” this winter, then the Pretty Beach House located on the NSW Bouddi Peninsula will tick all of the boxes. The main house is a collection of premium guests facilities including open plan kitchen, intimate fine dining room, open fireplace, guest lounge, open bar, a more intimate, private dining space, wine cellar, day spa, outdoor communal pool and poolside pizza oven for casual, al-fresco dining.
Bouddi spa is a haven for you to escape to and de-stress with spa treatments that have been thoughtfully designed to re-balance the synergy between mind, body & soul. Pure Australian botanical products from the LI’TYA range are featured in the spa, offering a true spirit of place and connection to the earth. LI’TYA harnesses the earth’s elements to provide the finest spa treatments.
Here is a sample itinerary for your Luxury Getaway;
- Day 1
Arrive Pretty Beach Wharf via Seaplane
- Luxury transfer to Pretty Beach House
- Arrive Pretty Beach House to signature welcome drinks
- Welcome Smoking Ceremony at dusk – Canapés and cocktails
- 5-course degustation in the dining room
- Day 2
- Gourmet breakfast in the dining room
- Optional Bespoke Experience (Golf at The Springs) or time to pamper in the Day Spa
- Cooking School with chefs or Wine School with Brian Barry
- Sunset drinks & wood fire pizzetta’s by the pool
- Day 3
- Gourmet breakfast in the dining room
- Maitland Bay explore guided walk
- Luxury transfer to Pretty Beach Wharf
- Seaplane flight back to Sydney