Planning a weekend escape to the Hunter Valley, then why not spend some time with two local characters for a Gourmet Wine Tour.
Two Fat Blokes Gourmet Tours & Kitchen
Two Fat Bloke’s Gourmet Tours & Kitchen tours provide an insiders experience to the Hunter Valley sharing knowledge from their combined 40 years working in hospitality, wine & tourism.
Cheese & Wine Tour Experience – $25 per person
A fun-filled and educational cheese and wine matching experience where the fully trained staff will talk you through the process of finding your ‘match made in heaven’. They have picked 9 of the best local, Australian & International cheeses for you and matched them with the beautiful wines made by De Iuliis wines. This tour is available every day, rain, hail or shine at 11 am & 3 pm.
Half Day Tours – $59 per person
You will visit a minimum of 3 boutique wineries for a private tasting of their delicious wines. One of the wineries you will visit is De Iuliis winery where they will conduct the cheese & wine experience. They will match 9 different cheeses with 9 different wines and each booking will receive a complimentary copy of their cheese & wine matching guide as a memento of your visit. The tours are informative, professional, fun and their tour partners have great wines and look after guests very well.
Our half day tours are a stand alone tour. You are not tagged along with another full day tour.
We keep our groups small, which means we usually have time to accommodate special requests.
Hunter Gatherers Wine Tour – $149 per person
We all know the Hunter is famous for its wines, but the Two Fat Blokes also have a proud & thriving cottage industry that produces all sorts of other ingredients their local chefs love to use in their dishes. Olives & Olive oils, cheeses, organic poultry, snails, berries, herbs, jams & pickles & of course chocolates and much more are all produced right here in the Hunter Valley.
A typical itinerary for our day tour would include:
- A visit to 4 or 5 wineries. Including a vineyard walk.
- One of the wineries we visit is De Iuliis winery where we will conduct our famous cheese & wine experience valued at $25.00 per person. Matching of 9 different cheeses with 9 different wines and each booking will receive a complimentary copy of our cheese & wine matching guide to take with them as a memento of your visit.
- Lunch at a table set up amongst the vines (weather permitting) consisting of a generous antipasto platter made up with locally produced cheeses, smallgoods, organic chicken, smoked trout, pickles, breads and olives. Including 1 glass of wine p.p.
- A brewery tour of the Hunter’s own Hunter Beer Co.
- A chocolate & wine matching experience.
- Guaranteed to find you some kangaroos in the wild.