As we navigate our new working from home model with our little people at home and either hoping for some extra time with Mum & Dad or we are home schooling, working, having meetings and running the school canteen – we are all looking for that extra support to not only write our own daily agenda but to plan activities and fun for the Kids at home once school is out for the holidays.
We have a community of gorgeous mum’s that have so incredibly kindly shared with us their tips and tricks for keep our little and big ones engaged, loved and happy.
Let’s Get Busy
- Cosmic Kids Yoga – making yoga and mindfulness FUN for kids.
- P.E with Joe Wicks – join Body Coach as he gets children keeping fit at home
- Cirque du Soleil – stay connected with the Cirque du Soleil and escape from everyday life through the delight and whimsy of their shows. The Cirque team have curated awe-inspiring show footage and fan favourite videos, exercise, learn new makeup techniques, dive into virtual reality or amaze your kids with unique videos created for them.
- Harry Potter at Home – Wizarding World mastermind J.K. Rowling has unveiled a new website, Harry Potter at Home, in an effort to provide a mystical escape. “Parents, teachers and carers working to keep children amused and interested while we’re on lockdown might need a bit of magic,” the author tweeted on Wednesday, saying she was delighted to launch Harry Potter at Home.
Craft & Creativity
- Make your own playdough
- Make a family time capsule
- Paper mache eggs for Easter
- Make cards, envelopes and book marks for friends and family to stay connected
- Splat Painting
- Tic Tac Toe
- Colour Me Whiteboard Wallpaper – keep your kids entertained for hours upon end with a 1m x 1m colour in whiteboard wallpaper print and comes with a free 10 pack of markers. It is re-usable and removable.
- No Litter Glitter – Sienna a beautiful 6 year old loves glitter and was sad to learn that it harms the environment so so set out to make biodegradable glitter. Siena’s glitter is safe for make up, for craft projects and is safe on your face, hair and nails!
- See Make Play – Busy Bum Bags to get you crafting with craft activity instruction cards, collage craft, gemstones, gem stickers, scissors, glue stick, stickers, pom poms, sparkly foam, foam stickers
- Artventure Online art classes – Artventure provides everything you’ll need to grow your children’s skills and confidence in art.
Australian Icon Artist Ken Done and his team have released three worksheets for free online. They’re divided into three school-age brackets; years three to six, seven to eight and nine to eleven.
Younger children can draw their own interpretation of Done’s paintings, design their own t-shirts, count jellyfish in Done’s Swimming in Jellyfish Lake Painting, and add sea creatures to his Morning Dive. The worksheets for older students explore the use of colour and shape, set creative tasks and get students thinking about point of view and the use of drawing as an expressive form.
- Sydney Aquarium – discover more about some of the Sydney Aquariums underwater creatures. Meet Pig the Dugong, get up and close to their Gentoo and King Penguins and learn more about what the keepers and aquarists do every day.
- Taronga Zoo TV – tune in daily to see your favourite animals, meet their friendly keepers and learn what goes on behind the scenes at Taronga Zoo
- Australian Reptile Park – 10 am daily you can find educational videos on Tim Faulkner’s Facebook and on the Australian Reptile Park’s YouTube Channel
- National Geographic Kids – discover some of the coolest facts for kids from around our planet. From animals, geography to science, nature and history, there are so many amazing facts for kids just waiting to be discovered by young explorers.
- Take a piece of masking tape around your little one’s wrist and go for a walk collecting bits of nature and stick it to their ‘bracelet’
- Scooter ride for two
- Paint pet rocks for the garden
- Hopscotch at home
- Create a vegie garden project for the entire family
- Backyard games – football target shot, obstacle course, water bomb wall, shooting hoops
- Teddy Bear walk to spot the teddy bears in your neighborhood windows
- ABC Reading Eggs – this program is designed by experts for children ages 2 – 13 years of age and uses scientific research to help your child learn to read, in just weeks. The first month is free, $12.99 per month thereafter
- Sydney Opera House digital program – Inspire your mini-architect with projects from ‘Utzon’s Universe’, a book of craft inspired by Sydney Opera House Architect Jorn Utzon.
- MEL Science – delivering experiments for kids to your door. By subscribing you will receive 2-3 experiments per month, completely safe and designed for home use for you to spend educational time together with your kids. From 10 years and up, any child can be a scientist.
- Living Room disco
- Design your own board game challenge
- TikTok Challenge
- Cooking Challenge
- 30 Day Lego Challenge
- Disney Imagineering in a Box
- Family Camping in the backyard – backyard camping is a fabulous, stress free and say way to coax the kids outdoors. Here are some ideas for your family: Nature scavenger hunt, stargazing, torchlight treasure hunt, campfire cooking
- Backyard Movie Night – screen your weekly family movie night complete with popcorn and favourite sweet treats
How the Essential Solutions team can help you, your team and your business navigate the school holidays.
- Work with our industry experts to design a fun, engaging and creative program while mum & dad are working at home
- Send craft kits to families
- Send cooking challenge kits with aprons, recipes and ingredients to families
- Gardening kit with gardening gloves, tools, herbs, pots and seedlings
- Movie night kit with popcorn, sweet treats and adult treats
- Art pack with art pad, no drip paint, fluoro washable paint, brushed and apron
Contact our team on mailto:email@example.com