The Raconteur is an artisanal luxury fragrance brand based in Sydney. “A story about the quiet beauty of what was always there”
The home fragrance collection comprises 100% soy candles, reed diffusers and raw unbleached Australian beeswax candles.
Founder and one of Australia’s leading perfumers and candlemakers, Craig Andrade (aka the creative force behind The Raconteur) will guide you through the basics of candle making as you make your own scented candle or natural perfume with one of Craig’s custom fragrances.
The Raconteur will operate 8 classes a year (two per season) or you can enquire about a private class for 12 guests.
In the natural perfumery class you’ll learn about:
- The history and art of natural perfumery
- Experience the scent of key essential oils, plant absolutes, plant concretes and natural isolates
- Learn how to structure a perfume
- Blending techniques, and make your own Eau De Parfum fragrance to take home
In the candle making class you’ll learn about:
- Different waxes and wicks
- The importance of temperature control when melting wax as well as environmental conditions when pouring candles
- The importance of vessel raw material in candle performance
- History of perfumery and techniques of extracting essential oils from plants
- Key olfactive families in fragrances
- How to structure and blend a fragrance
Cost: $195 per person, includes all materials for the class as well as drinks, canapes and a tour of Craig’s private scent garden at the Paddington in Paddington.