Pearls of Australia has expanded their Broken Bay Pearling and aquaculture operations in the Hawkesbury River region.
Broken Bay Pearl Farm has this year opened to the public for the first time since starting their farming of the most beautiful Akoya pearls the world has ever seen from the Brisbane Waters on the Central Coast 15 years ago.
The tours will invite guests to board a 10m catamaran where the experienced farm skipper will introduce them to pearl farming in NSW and share how the marine wildlife of pelicans, turtles, stingrays and fish are essential to the pearl farm’s success.
In March 2020, Broken Bay Pearls will open NSW’s first “Shellar Door” in the rock oyster sheds at Mooney Mooney on the picturesque Hawkesbury River. The Shellar Door will be located on the main route between Sydney and the Hunter Valley and Central Cost destinations.
We will be working with the Pearls of Australia team on bespoke itineraries for our clients where they will be given an insight into the pearling industry from the Brisbane Waters and Hawkesbury River farm locations. Guests can arrive by private transfer or with Sydney Sea Planes for an exclusive day in the Hawkesbury or make a weekend of it with an overnight stay at luxury accommodation Pretty Beach House.
“By creating amazing, immersive experiences that are both entertaining and educational, Broken Bay Pearls are empowering consumers to drive change in a way never seen before in the pearl industry by demanding to know where their pearls come from and if they have been chemically treated. “James Brown, Managing Director and 3rd generation pearl farmer”.
VIP Broken Bay Farm Tour
- Cruise to Broken Bay Pearl Farm and discover what makes these the perfect breeding waters for pearls.
- See the longlines where the pearls are grown and learn the cultivation process.
- Hear about the local rock oyster industry and history of pearls in Australia.
- Join experts in a hands-one session with their pearl harvest as you learn how pearls are graded and discover the 7 virtues that underpin the value of Pearls of Australia.
- Meet the pearl farmers how guide you through the entire experience.
- Enjoy high tea or lunch
- Take home Australian South Sea mother-of-pearl shell from Cygnet Bay Pearl Farm and a piece of Broken Bay Pearl Akoya
Speak to our team to create your bespoke Broken Bay Pearl experience from 2 – 20 guests, with a range of experiences from a pearl appreciation, pearl team building triathlon to a VIP tours with your clients.
Phone: 1800 377 368